Overnight Camp at the Hollows focuses on offering its campers the opportunity to develop a strong sense of independence, creativity and leadership.
The Hollows has a 6:1 staff ratio
- Maximum of 60 overnight campers per session to ensure that every camper has the guidance and support they need to shine at camp.
- Located just 1-hour north of Toronto on 87 acres of property
- Campers still have the northern camp experience without being too far from home!
Every day, over a 1 or 2 week session, campers begin to develop important skills that will help them to excel later on in life.
Examples of Lessons
Learned at camp:
- How to create a harmonious living environment with fellow cabin mates
- Making informed personal decisions
- How to help build a fire during bush craft
- Trying new things and not being afraid to fail and getting to try again
- Living in the natural environment
Amazing Years of Summer camp
Dr. Fine, our camp director, has been researching the benefits of camp for over two decades.
His research has been instrumental in promoting camp not just nationally but globally.
Check out our BLOG for articles about the benefits of camp! Dr. Fine and his cohorts have discovered many great reasons to come to camp.